A Smiley-Face Boys First Birthday Party
If you want to smile, this 1st birthday party by mom and party planner Debra Walters, of Average Meets Amazing, is the theme to bring a grin from ear to ear. Debras son, Miles, was blessed with a great smile and the most adorable dimpleshis trademark feature. As his smile became more irresistible, the theme for his first birthday party became clear! A smiley-face theme was definitely in order. A bright, cheerful party was the perfect way to pay tribute to such a joyful baby. Youll love the fresh, modern twist that Debra brings to this happy theme with trendy touches like confetti balloons, chalkboard art and even a photo booth. All of the bright and colorful details were captured by photographer, Layna Jenee Weintraub. We dare you not to smile after taking a peek!
- Fill up on first birthday inspiration with these 24 first birthday party themes and ideas.
- Throw a lemonade stand party with ideas from this lemonade stand 1st birthday party!
Invitations are a great way to get guests excited about a party. Debra sent out her invitations in cake bags filled with confetti so party guests could experience some festivity from the moment the invitations arrived! I imagine there were plenty of smiles as invitations were opened!
The party space was decorated in bright, happy shades of yellow and aqua. Guests were greeted with a giant chalkboard welcome signone of Debras favorite elements. Confetti-filled balloons (The Flair Exchange) marked off the party area at the clubhouse and paired nicely with smiley-face Mylar balloons. Debra has a wonderful tradition of including her family in the crafting of party decorations. Miles older sister and brother created the flower vases for the centerpieces which were displayed along with framed quotes from favorite songs about being happy. Pill bottles were decorated and filled with Lemonheads to create happy pills for guests to enjoy. What fun details!
Another sweet handcrafted element was a photo garland entitled, A Year of Smiles. It included dozens of photos taken during Miles first year and was a great reminder for family and friends of the beautiful moments that occurred in what seemed like a blink of an eye.
Debra planned for a delicious lunch and dessert area. An oversized, confetti-dotted number one provided a festive backdrop for the refreshments, along with colorful balloon bouquets. I love how Debra added paper confetti dots to the front of the tableclothssuch a simple detail with a big impact. The chalkboard inspired signage by Tini Posh was another wonderful touch, highlighting milestones and important details about the guest of honor.
Debra was all about keeping big smiles on everyones faces. For lunch, she served pizza, Caesar salad, fruit salad and snack cups filled with Cheerios and gold fish crackers. Water was the beverage of choice and Debra DIYd sparkly beverage wraps made from glittered duct tapea quick and economical choice!
The dessert table was filled with gorgeous yellow and aqua colored treats. Guests could choose from a black and white cake, individual ice cream cups, vanilla cupcakes (notice the cute aqua #1 toppers by Made by a Princess and fondant toppers by Harriet’s House of Cakes), custom decorated smiley-face sugar cookies by Cara Bella Creations by Shauna, lemonhead candies and swirl lollipops. Miles favorite was definitely the cake and smearing ice cream all over his parents’ faces! I bet that resulted in lots of laughter and plenty of smiles!
To keep guests entertained, Debra had several activities planned. They could strike a pose in the photo booth or enjoy the trail of bubbles from the bubble machine. Guests were also invited to have fun swimming and splashing in the pool where they could play with smiley-face beach balls.
In honor of Miles grandmother who passed away shortly after Miles turned 6 months old, family members had smiley-faces drawn on their fingers, just as grandma would do if she were there. One of her trademarks was drawing smiley-faces on childrens fingers. What a sweet way to remember her at the party!
To keep smiles big even after the party had ended, Debra set up a fun favor area where guests could grab smiley-face mazes and Slinkies from prize bins. I love the custom sign which read, Your smile made my birthday aMAZEing. What a fun way to thank guests for coming and bringing their happy dispositions.
Did you smile? We did too! What a great and cheerful celebration for one happy little boy!
Need some great sources for planning a first birthday party? Check out these party sources put together by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew.
- LITTLE MAN MUSTACHE 1st BIRTHDAY Balloons Decorations Supplies….17 pieces!
- Creative Converting “On The Go” Happy Birthday Jointed Party Banner
- Sweet Little Cupcake Boy 1st Birthday SuperShape Balloon Party Accessory (1 ct)
- Little Man Mustache 1st Birthday Dinner Plates (8)
- Birthday Express – Little Man Mustache 1st Centerpiece
- 11″ Smile Mustache Assorted Latex Balloons – Package of 12
- Dashing Little Man Dinner Plate (8 count)
- MUSTACHE TIGER CIRCUS 1st Birthday party Balloons Decoration Supplies First
- Dress My Cupcake Personalized Message Cupcake Wrappers, Mustache, Happy 1st Birthday, Boy, Set of 12
- Gracelife Silicone Moustache Ice Cube Trays Mustache Mold Chocolate Makers Candy Mold Party
- Oasis Supply 1st Birthday Polka Dot Boy Candles, 2.25-Inch
- Creative Converting Sweet at One Boys Felt Party Hat, Child Size
- Creative Converting Fun at One Happy First Birthday Boy Plastic Table Cover, Rectangle 54 x 108″
- Boy Puppy Dog Bundle for 16
- Creative Converting Ocean Preppy Boy Happy 1St Birthday Luncheon Napkins, 16-Count
- Unique 7″ 1st Birthday Turtle Cake Plates (8 Count), Blue
Check out additional great boys 1st birthday party ideas here:
- Chocolate Lover 1st Birthday Party
- Modern-Vintage Boys 1st Birthday Party
- Sweet Baby Elephant Dessert Table
- Little Man Mustache Bash 1st Birthday Party
Plus, don’t miss A Little Gentleman First Birthday Party…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week