A Parisian Themed Little Gentleman First Birthday Party
Creative first birthday parties are so much fun! When planning this sweet little boys first birthday party, a travel theme was chosen. It made perfect sense because the babys shower was based on the Seuss book, Oh, the Places Youll Go! Sticking with the travel motif, the city of Paris was chosen and a bowties-berets-Parisian idea began to take shape. Professional planner Katherine Shorter, of Creating Awesomenessity, worked closely with the guest of honors mom to find clever ways to incorporate details reminiscent of Paris and tie in a little gentleman theme. Youll love how she let this theme take flight as viewed in the photos by Lyndsi Metz.
- Consider planning a party around your childs favorite book as demonstrated in this Pajama Time boys first birthday party.
- Make a splash with ideas found in this boys nautical first birthday party.
The scene was set for a unique Paris themed experience as guests were welcomed with a hand drawn Eiffel Tower chalkboard sign. A sweet little bunting hung from the chalkboard, welcoming guests with a message in French. This was just a small foreshadowing of all of the French touches in shades of blue, black and white that were to come. There are so many cute details!
If youre looking for a unique spin on a refreshment table, the lovely build your own croissant or bagel station was one of my favorite elements of this party. A black and white striped backdrop flanked on each side by jumbo blue balloons (Celebration Lane) boasted simple beret, mustache and bow tie cutouts which made a darling display. A beautiful blue tablecloth was accented with a vase of flowers and a custom station sign. Scrumptious looking loaves of artisan breads, bagels and croissants were served alongside a myriad of toppings, allowing guests to build their own favorite sandwiches. Mouthwatering trays of fresh fruit, finger foods and a seafood pasta were also available to please palates.
To accompany the delightful food menu, a lovely beverage station had one-step non-alcoholic mimosas with strawberry and peach slices as well as Berry Beret punch and sweet tea served in custom mason jars from Always the Occasion, plus the cutest water bottles in custom beverage wraps.
France is known for delicious sweets, and guests at this party werent left wanting. A black and white damask table covering was the foundation for a beautiful dessert table. Darling desserts inspired by the theme were sweetly displayed; some of my favorites are the chocolate bow ties, chocolate Eiffel Towers, and mini donuts by EZ Favors Lollipop Shop. And how adorable are the beret and bow tie cookies by CaraBella Creations? Striped popcorn boxes (Celebration Lane) were dressed up in mustaches and bowties for the occasion!
One of my favorite details from the whole event is the adorable bowtie utensil holders created from napkins. How clever and cute are they?! They look absolutely perfect lined up side by side.
To keep guests busy, one of the special birthday activities included having guests leave a special wish for the birthday boy. A mustache chalkboard was provided for the recording of special wishes. It will serve as a keepsake to hang in the guest of honors room following the party. Additionally, a photo booth was set up so guests could take photos and share laughs while posing with the photo booth props from Tutus and Bowties Events .
Before leaving the celebration, guests were presented with natural lavender sachets handcrafted by stamping burlap bags with Eiffel Tower images and Fleur de Lis. Each was filled with dried lavender and sewn closed. The thought was that guests could use their sachets in the dryer or their lingerie bureau so the soothing scent would permeate night clothes for a better sleep (I think I need to get my hands on one of those sachets!). Dont you just love how the favors were displayed in a cute cart with oversized letters spelling the word merci under a poster of the Eiffel Tower? What a fun way to drive home the theme at the end of the night. In addition to the sachets, each guest was invited to take home sweets from the dessert table.
A Parisian themed boys first birthday party? Oui, oui all the way home!
Planning a boys first birthday party? Dont miss these perfect first birthday party products curated by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew:
- LITTLE MAN MUSTACHE 1st BIRTHDAY Balloons Decorations Supplies….17 pieces!
- Creative Converting “On The Go” Happy Birthday Jointed Party Banner
- Sweet Little Cupcake Boy 1st Birthday SuperShape Balloon Party Accessory (1 ct)
- Little Man Mustache 1st Birthday Dinner Plates (8)
- Birthday Express – Little Man Mustache 1st Centerpiece
- 11″ Smile Mustache Assorted Latex Balloons – Package of 12
- Dashing Little Man Dinner Plate (8 count)
- MUSTACHE TIGER CIRCUS 1st Birthday party Balloons Decoration Supplies First
- Dress My Cupcake Personalized Message Cupcake Wrappers, Mustache, Happy 1st Birthday, Boy, Set of 12
- Gracelife Silicone Moustache Ice Cube Trays Mustache Mold Chocolate Makers Candy Mold Party
- Oasis Supply 1st Birthday Polka Dot Boy Candles, 2.25-Inch
- Creative Converting Sweet at One Boys Felt Party Hat, Child Size
- Creative Converting Fun at One Happy First Birthday Boy Plastic Table Cover, Rectangle 54 x 108″
- Boy Puppy Dog Bundle for 16
- Creative Converting Ocean Preppy Boy Happy 1St Birthday Luncheon Napkins, 16-Count
- Unique 7″ 1st Birthday Turtle Cake Plates (8 Count), Blue
Be sure to check out more boys first birthday party ideas here:
- A Boys Tractor on the Farm First Birthday Party
- Disneys Up First Birthday Party
- A Boys First Birthday in a Flash
- Modern-Vintage Boys First Birthday Party
Plus, check out A Little Gentleman First Birthday Party…