A Pajama Time Boys 1st Birthday Party
Choosing a memorable and meaningful theme for a boys 1st birthday party can be a challenge, especially since their interests are just beginning to develop. Britni, of Play. Party. Pin., had a stroke of genius when she decided to base her son Kellans party around a cherished bedtime book, Pajama Time (by Sandra Boynton). Britni created a colorful and playful celebration inspired by favorite elements from the book. Youll love the sweet cake, animal cake pops and other enticing treats, not to mention the delightful decorations!
- Are you stumped for ideas for your sons 1st birthday? Take a peek at these 24 first birthday party themes and ideas.
- This lemonade stand 1st birthday party will put a smile on your face!
Britni opted to serve the meal where pajamas are most likely to be worn: breakfast! All the food and menu items coordinated with details from the book. The centerpiece cake design was inspired by Kellans favorite page and The Boutique Bakeshop nailed it! How sweet is that cake topper with charming fondant characters nestled up, all snug in the bed? Paired with polka dots, stripes and stars, the cake looked like a giant bite of fun! What a wonderful centerpiece for the display table! The Boutique Bakeshop also made a coordinating smash cake for a perfect photo op.
Staying true to the animal theme, Alexandria Cake Pop Company created darling animal cake pops. Each character is so winsome, its tough to choose a favorite. Im thinking the pink pig and hippopotamus are high on my list.
Adding to the dessert table, Britni whipped up chocolate covered Oreos. Decorating with stripes and polka dots alluded to the cute pjs in the book. She also purchased chocolate covered pretzels with sprinkle stars from The Baker’s Confection. She topped off the table with pajama shaped sugar cookies and a colorful variety of candy from Oriental Trading Company. I absolutely adore the creative way Britni displayed the candy jars! Using doll beds from Ikea added the most suitable and cute detailing to the table and provided a novel way to add height to the presentation.
The dessert table backdrop was an innovative recreation of the book cover. Using a fabric-covered canvas, vinyl accents from Expressions Vinyl, and pictures of her son displayed in the shape of a one, the photo presentation backdrop turned out masterfully! It was the perfect way to celebrate Kellan and pay tribute to the book that inspired the party.
Adjacent to the dessert table, a small stand held adorable Breakfast in Bed bags. To encourage guests to take home goodies, and in keeping with the stripes and dots theme, Britni embellished white gift bags with blue Scotch Tape stripes and polka dotted stars.
A faux headboard, pillows and stuffed animals alluded to a bedstead, giving an all new meaning to bedtime snackI cant imagine a more appealing food buffet! Food choices were perfect for the theme: pancake stacks held together with star picks (The Baker’s Confections), decorated party eggs (absolutely wonderful!) and star shaped fruits are just a few of the food options. Smoothies with star straws (Let’s Party Creations) and breakfast burritos with custom labels completed the look.
Little kids are notorious for needing a drink before bedtime. Britni served water, juice boxes and orange juice, all embellished with adorable printables designed with sweet sayings from the book.
When party guests are little guys aged 1-2, keeping activities low-key is wise. Britni chose a pull-string piñata filled with toys and snacks (fruit snacks, raisins, etc).
Britni sent young guests home with their own copy of the book that inspired the party theme, wrapped with a personalized gift tag from Pick Your Plum. The book, paired with breakfast-in-bed bags and piñata treats, surely delighted the little guests. Youll be delighted, too, because Britni is offering the party printables to anyone who is interested. Just email her!
With all of the wit and whimsy in this gathering, there was also a practical benefit: little tykes celebrated in their pajamas so they were ready to be popped into bed when they got home! Pajamas, pancakes, piñata, party perfect!
Need great sources for planning a 1st birthday party? Check out these, put together by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew:
- 12-Pack Metallic Star Cutouts, 3-3/4-Inch
- 12-Pack Metallic Star Cutouts, 3-3/4-Inch
- Amscan Royal Blue Stripe Jumbo Gift Wrap
- Striped Bright Royal Blue Party Favor Bags – 10 count
- 12-Pack Vintage Glass Milk Bottles, 8-Ounce
- 25 Paper Drinking Straws Red Stars 7.75″
- Now Designs Tin Cake Stand, White
- Plush Stuffed Bunny Rabbits & Duck
- Lil’ Doll Cradle
- White Plastic Serving Tray, Rectangular 18″ x 12″
- FARM ANIMAL LOLLYS CHOCOLATE CANDY MOLD
- Farm Animal Cupcake Rings Party Favors – 24 pcs
- Blue 1st Birthday Pull String Pinata
- Pajama Time! (Boynton on Board)
- 12 Pcs Blue 1.5″ Pajama Sleeping Baby
- Spring Pom-Pom Food Picks
- Farm Animal Character Sucker Lollipops (1 dz)
- Apothecary Jar 3 Piece Set Wedding Candy Buffet
- Apothecary Jar 2 Piece Set Wedding Candy Buffet
Gain loads of inspiration from these boys 1st birthday party ideas here:
- Chocolate Lover 1st Birthday Party
- Modern-Vintage Boys 1st Birthday Party
- Sweet Baby Elephant Dessert Table
- Little Man Mustache Bash 1st Birthday Party
What detail from this boys 1st birthday party was your favorite?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.