A Ghostbusters Birthday Party
When its boy birthday party planning time in the neighborhood, who you gonna call? Wed suggest Adriana of Quaintly Garcia. The Ghostbusters birthday party she threw for her sons 5th birthday is oozing with creative ideas! Dont miss a single paranormal detailslime based activities and party favors, ghostly treats and party decorations inspired by the movie.
- Zero in on these unique mad science birthday party ideas.
- Youll love this mad science birthday party favor idea.
When you have a son obsessed with Ghostbusters, it comes as no surprise when he requests a Ghostbusters birthday party. Such was the case with Adriana and her son, JD. Anyone who grew up during the 80s will remember the paranormal activity, scary ghosts and Ectoplasm from this classic movie. Adriana incorporated a lot of the fun elements from the movie into her party designs. One of her sons favorite scenes from the movie is set in a library, so she used her connection with a local school to secure the party location. How great is that? Staying true to her sons favorite quotes and scenes in the movie was important to Adriana.
A Ghostbusters Birthday Party requires ghosts. You cant get much better than being welcomed by the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man holding a birthday banner!
I love how Adriana staged her desserts on a wooden library table. Stacks of books and a card catalog served as perfect accent pieces. Not only are they in keeping with the library theme, but they also add height and dimension to the table. Colorful agate balloons from Jeckaroonie Balloons added a great pop of color. Framed quotes from the movie provided awesome details that all true Ghostbuster fans will appreciate! Notice the classic Ghostbuster posters hanging on the walls from Think Geek? Way cool!
Adriana chose perfect treats to coordinate with the theme. Twinkies were lined up on a white platter, surrounded by Ghostbusters figurines. Beautifully detailed Ghostbuster logo and Slimer cookies, by Sunflower Bakery, added a special touch to the dessert spread. Ghost shaped Peeps hovered on paper straws; they look awesome against the slime green platter and peeking out of green gumballs. Veronica, of VLunas Cakes, created an extraordinary two-tiered cake with the characters and a city scene. Green slime oozing down the card catalog was a fun, creepy touch!
In addition to the dessert table, Adriana set up an indoor Smores roasting station. I wonder how Mr. Stay Puft Man liked that?!
The seating area held striking table centerpieces made from a combination of floating balloons, #5 (for the birthday age), Ghostbuster character toys and fun themed accents. Place settings had layered green and black plates, striped paper straws and custom labeled gable boxes. The yellow and black caution tape is a great touch.
No Ghostbusters party would be complete without lots of Ectoplasm (slime) so the kids had fun learning how to make and bottle up their own. Another activity was a ghost hunt, because those kids aint afraid of no ghosts! Birthday boy was dressed for the part; his costume is perfect! Grandpa built the awesome proton pack and gun for him. Bashing a piñata was a satisfying follow-up to the ghost hunt!
This was one awesome Ghostbusters birthday party! To see more of Adrianas work, visit her on Facebook.
Planning a Ghostbusters birthday party? Check out these party sources put together by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew:
- Diamond Select Toys Ghostbusters: Slimer Silicone Gelatin Mold
- Party Inflatable Ghosts – 2 pack
- Ghostbusters Stay Puft Inflatable 8.5′ (Standard)
- Classic Ghostbusters Costume for Kids
- Dr. Egon Spengler: Funko POP! Movies x Ghostbusters Vinyl Figure
- Dr. Peter Venkman: Funko POP! Movies x Ghostbusters Vinyl Figure
- Stay Puft Marshmallow Man ~6″: Deluxe Funko POP! Movies x Ghostbusters Super-Sized Vinyl Figure
- Dr. Raymond Stantz: Funko POP! Movies x Ghostbusters Vinyl Figure
- SE – Storage Container Set – Plastic, Round, Screw Top, 6 Pc – 8744SBB
- Slimer: Funko POP! Movies x Ghostbusters Vinyl Figure
- Toysmith Jupiter Juice Slime
- SuperAgate Green Marbled 11″ Latex Qualatex Balloons x 25
- SuperAgate Red/Orange Marbled 11″ Latex Qualatex Balloons x 5
- Ghostbusters – Logo Slimed Carnival Cup
- Morbid Ghostbusters Floating Slimer Animated Prop Green
- Ghostbusters Wall Décor, No Ghosts, 15.5-Inches Diameter
Be sure to check out more boy birthday party ideas here:
- A Dynamite Minecraft Boy Birthday Party
- Mad Science Party Favor Food: Chocolate Brains
- Mad Science Birthday Dessert Table
What detail from this Ghostbusters party was your favorite?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.