A Colorful Back-To-School Party
School bells are already ringing in some parts of the country. What better way to celebrate a new year of learning than with a colorful back-to-school party? Lina Terlikar, of Sweet Bambini, put together this bright school themed soiree for her child and friends. Nicole Anderson Photography took pictures of all of the smart ideas for decorations, themed treats and even some art and craft activities. I can’t imagine being anything but excited for the start of school after a party like this!
- Save money with the cost cutting ideas in this back to school party for under $50.
- Download these adorable free school rules printable cupcake wrappers for your school party!
If I can be honest, I still have a love of school supplies. There is something so exciting about new crayons, scissors, pencils and erasers! I know many moms feel the same way. So one of the things I absolutely adore about this party is the children’s table display. Not only does it look fun with a red apple table runner and bundles of school supply favors at each place setting, but the hanging décor is brilliant: clear paint pails filled with colorful school supplies. I love the glass vase filled with apples too—a simple, but effective centerpiece!
Lina arranged for Bellezza Interiors to provide wonderful art activities for the kids and that means the décor was for more than just looks. What a cool way to engage a crowd!
Gearing up for the new year ahead was made even sweeter with the dessert table Lina designed. Love that beautiful rainbow ruffled tablecloth! The printable backdrop by Sweet Scarlet Designs is so eye-catching with the cheerful chalkboard back-to-school invitation and primary colored chevron pattern. The sweet crayon and apple details make it even more perfect for a school themed celebration.
Lina gets an A+ for the creative treat display on her dessert table! Notice how Lina incorporated school subjects—and even lunch break—into her styling. Pencil “vases” tied up with ribbon are such a clever way to showcase the cutest milk bottle cake pops I’ve ever seen (Cake by Kim)! I’d love to fill up my lunch tray with a few of those!
And did you notice the darling stand made of wooden rulers? Extra credit points for ingenuity! The framed sign, mini apples and chalkboard cookies make a wonderful addition to the table.
Paint pails are once again used, this time they hold delicious-looking treats. The chalkboard labels are adorable with their “B is for Bananas” style wording. They make me think back to those early days of elementary school and learning letter sounds. I love how red and blue lunch boxes are used as risers for the paint can treats.
Science can be such a fun class, especially when it’s experiment day! Lina’s use of test tubes to display bright shades of jelly beans is a great way to reference another school subject in the dessert display.
Book lovers will go gaga over the sweet fondant book topped cupcakes (Cake by Kim). That’s one sweet way to eat your words! I love how Lina displays the aqua-wrapped cupcakes on a bed of colorful pencils.
In case anybody needs to freshen up on times tables or number sentences, guests could practice as they nibble on darling math-inspired, chocolate covered Oreos. One thing for sure, all of these clever treats add up to one amazing dessert table!
And finally, the center of attention on the dessert table is most definitely the gorgeous two-tiered cake by Miss Shell’s Cakes. I love the repetition of the chevron pattern carried from the printables to the cake. The sweet fondant detailing on the chalkboard and apple and crayon toppers make it a masterpiece!
Lina definitely gets high grades on this back-to-school party!
Planning a back-to-school party? Check out these party sources put together by the teachers aides at Spaceships and Laser Beams:
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- 2 by 3-Inch Chalkboards, Mini, Set of 12
- Tissue Apple Party Accessory (1 count)
- Metallic Back To School Fringe Banner, 8 by 5-Feet
- Back To School Assortment Chocolate Mold
- Darice See Thru Pail with Handle, 4-Inch by 5-Inch
- Erasable Checking Pencils, Eraser Tipped, Pre-Sharpened, Set of 12, Carmine Red (14259)
- Wood Ruler with Single Metal Edge, 12″
- 5″ x 7″ Synthetic Chalkboard With Unfinished Wood Frame -Pack of 6 Chalkboards
- 4-Pack School Days Cutouts, 16-Inch
- 24 Cupcake Rings – Back To School
- 12 pcs in Box: 5″ Die Cast Classic Long Nose School Bus, Pull Back Action (Yellow)
- Play-Doh: Case of Colors
- Sesame Street School Bus Cake Kit
- Paper Party Striped Straws, Yellow/White (24 Count)
- Bright Yellow Paper Party Favor Bags, 12 Count
- Party Decoration Kit, Cherry Red Chevron
- Cargo Cool Euro Suitcases, Red, Set of 3
- School Days Whirls Party Accessory (1 count) (5/Pkg)
- Eureka Classroom Supplies, More School Supplies Clings (846021)
- Back to School Elementary School Supply (Arts & Crafts) Bundle Box K-6 Grade
Be sure to check out more back-to-school ideas here:
- Back to School Party Supplies
- Back to School Party Playdate
- Free Back to School Lunch Note Printables
Plus, don’t miss Back to School Party Ideas on a Budget…Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week