A Boys Surfing Birthday Party
Come catch a birthday wave and enjoy the party decorations at this colorful boys surfing themed birthday party by Jamie Forsythe of Sweet Jelly Parties. K Moody Photography captured all of the bright details. Highlights to look for include the handcrafted tiki hut and sugar shack ideas, surfboard directional signs and grass skirt wearing cupcakes plus a sea of surf inspired treats!
- Theres an ocean of inspiration in this gnarly surf’s up party.
- Beat the summer heat with a summer surfing party.
The first thing that caught my attention about this boys surfing birthday party was the amazingly vivid color palette! Hues of bright orange, aqua, lime green and royal blue made an impressive color combination. The happy colors paired with beach inspired décorgrass skirting, bamboo, coconut accents, beach balls and surfboardsto bring the theme to life.
One of my favorite elements from this party was the tiki hut-inspired sugar shack which Jamie designed and her husband crafted. It served as a terrific focal point that really established a beach-y, surfer feel. Set up near a pool, the hut served as the perfect dessert table. I love the grass table skirt and brown sugar sand table cover! The framed printable sign was a nice personalized touch. Innovative treat ideas were served in coconut bowls and colorful sand pails.
Jamie had great ideas for the treats! They included tiki totem pole-inspired candy kabobs with cool, printable toppers. Whopper candies made great coconuts and rock candy sticks were named lava rock. There were gummy Kona Turtles and gummy pigs roasting on toothpicks, as well as life preserver and great white shark gummies.
One of my favorite dessert items was the colorful cupcakes on individual cupcake stands. I love the grass skirt accent! They coordinated well with the wave inspired cake by Gigi’s Sicilian Sweetsanother incredible addition to the dessert table.
Being a cake pop and sugar cookie fan, I also appreciated the beach ball cake pops and cowabunga surfboard cookies. The detailing on each was amazing!
A food table was decked out in fish netting and a tiki inspired happy birthday banner. The striped bags used to house wooden cutlery are pretty and practical. Speaking of details, how cute is that starfish used as a napkin weight? So many fun sea and surf inspired décor details were spread throughout the partycoconut planters and other cute accents!
Surfers need lots of hydration and the beverage bar was just the place they could quench their thirst. A stylish bamboo backdrop and printable Aloha sign made this refreshment station striking! Deep blue sea and pipelines punch were clever beverage choices and looked great on the table. Orange cups, starfish, and fresh pineapples added a tropical feel. Mason jars with daisy cut lids and coordinating paper straws were neatly displayed for guests to fill and re-fill with their favorite drink. I love how Jaimie added a pop of color to the jars with cupcake liners. Additionally, guests could choose colorful Gatorade from an ice-filled tub.
A great party also includes fun details. Notice the surfboard directional sign? Jamie thought of that idea just the day before the party and the painting was finished on the morning of! The Dude Dont Get Burnt Bro station was a nice addition, too. Pails held tubes of sunscreen to prevent burns while enjoying fun in the sun. Guests were also invited to grab some shadessuch an appropriate party favor!
More treats on the favor table included pineapple cookie pops with Mahalo thank you tags, cupcakes and additional surfboard cookies displayed on sugar sand. There would be no going home empty handed from this celebration!
A final detail that cant be missed is the photo booth space. Awesome bamboo backdrop + surfboard + tiki inspired décor = one fun photo booth!
Tissue tassel balloons marked the spot for what was surely a memorable boys surfing birthday party! Cowabunga Jaimie! Were impressed!
Planning a surfing birthday party? Dont miss these great surf inspired party sources put together by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew:
- 8 Assorted (DIFFERENT) Color Chinese/Japanese Paper Lanterns/lamps 10″ Diameter – Just Artifacts Brand
- Surfboard Cake Decorations and Cupcake Toppers – 24 pcs
- 10 Plastic Flip Flop Party String Lights Beach Luau
- Surf Wave Backdrop
- Surfer Dude Photo Prop Party Accessory (1 count) (1/Pkg)
- Surfer Street Sign Cutouts Party Accessory (1 count) (4/Pkg)
- Surf Boards Sugar Decorations Cookie Cupcake Cake 12 Count
- Surfer Cake Topper
- Surfer Dude Personalized Banner (each)
- Coco Bead and Shell Surfboard Luau Necklace Great Party Accessory
- 12 Multicolored Tropical Hurricane Glasses
- Jointed Surfboard Party Accessory (1 count) (1/Pkg)
- Surfboard Standees Set of 3 Party Props
- Cybrtrayd S113 Small Surfboards Chocolate Candy Mold with Exclusive Cybrtrayd Copyrighted Chocolate Molding Instructions
- Bamboo Surfboard Cutting Board – Barware – Serving Board
- Flip Flop Swirl Lollipop Assortment (1 dz)
- Cybrtrayd M221 Bite Size Flip-Flops Chocolate Candy Mold with Exclusive Cybrtrayd Copyrighted Chocolate Molding Instructions
- Faux Bamboo Tropical Tiki Table Cover
- Creative Converting Plastic Fringe Table Skirt, 12-Feet, Citrus Green
- 25 Hawaiian Tiki Swizzle / Stir Sticks
- Albanese Gummi Bears Ornery Orange-5lb
- Jelly Belly Green Apple Jelly Beans (1 Pound Bag) – Green
- Apothecary Jar 3 Piece Set Wedding Candy Buffet
Be sure to check more water themed party ideas here:
What was your favourite detail from this surfing birthday party?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.