A Boys Car Themed Growing Up Too Fast Joint Birthday Party
Have you ever felt like your kids are growing up too fastlike the years are racing by? If so, you will appreciate the sentimental undertones in this boys car themed growing up too fast joint birthday party styled by graphic designer mom, Stacey Nichols, of Make My Day, LLC. Friends and family joined the race to celebrate the 6th and 4th birthdays of her two sons and surely were impressed with the coordinated party ideas. Stacey designed adorable printable invitations and decorations plus arranged the details for a delicious menu, an awesome dessert table and a great party!
- Ride high with this vintage take on a race car dessert table.
- Dont break the bank; instead check out the clever details of this car party.
If you love clever invitations that effectively convey a party theme, youll love these speedometer inspired invites Stacey designed inviting guests to Birthdaytona Speedway.
Witty party details and a creative play on words is like getting a prize in the Cracker Jacks box; Staceys party is full of prizes! A real tire/rim was ingeniously turned into a table display; Stacey served up a variety of drinks for wheelie thirsty kids. Stacey modified Monster Jam themed tire drink cups into car tires by adding her own custom printables. There was also antifreeze and motor oil, both served up in glass beverage dispensers with cool racing car labels. Thirsty to quenched in 4.6 seconds labels spruced up water bottles at the water pump (one of the best water bottle labels Ive seen!).
The dessert table was full of impressive DIY details. I love the industrial feel of the monogram letters, representing each boys initial, made from scrap car parts; super idea to hang them as centerpieces from a black and white backdrop.
Another fun, car themed DIY project on the dessert table was a cookie stand made from a real car engine and belt, spray painted wood and a little elbow grease. How awesome is that?!
A great spread of treats for refueling hungry racers included car themed gummies, popcorn in darling boxes with custom circle logos, licorice, cookies and the most amazing racetrack cupcake display. The road sign toppers look great on the cupcakes by Cupcakes, Oh So Divine. With a printable speedometer topper, the cake was a fun focal point on the dessert table. I love the surprise of colorful cake layers that pop on checkered dessert plates.
There were spectacular car themed décor items dressing up the dessert table as well. I particularly like using the motor oil bottle to display car themed picks and racing flags and the custom trophy was a fun, unexpected touch, too. Staceys framed sign was a great way to repeat the party motif.
A grand prix concession stand provided additional fuel for hungry guests. Ready, set, eat cute sign! A smorgasbord of nibbles with amusing food labels was neatly displayed on racetrack lined tables. Some of my favorites include: Daytona Dip, Speedway Sandwiches, Road Rage Roast and Nascar Noodles. Guest tables were decorated to look like raceways.
Activities can make or break a party and Stacey was ready for the crowd. There was a bouncy house, sand box, trampoline and many fun games at the Oink Alley Raceway, plus the child size race car that was a hit at the party.
So no one would have to ask, the bathroom was clearly identified with its very own Pit Stop sign. Using car-shaped soap and a Car Wash sign at the sink…priceless!
Speaking of pit stops, the pit crew was stylin in custom shirts. Mom and Dad both wore official looking pit crew t-shirts, while the little racers wore custom race-checked fabric t-shirts with their names and ages stitched on the front. Thats one good-looking race team!
Before guests hit the road for home, they were awarded with treat filled, trophy cup party favors, embellished with a gracious printable thank you label.
Is time still racing by? Yeah but at least for this afternoon, the birthday boys, the guests and the parents got to slow down to make great memories. Terrific party!
For more winning ideas, visit Stacey on Facebook.
Planning a car themed birthday party? Check out these party sources put together by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew:
- Racetrack Runner (poly w/double-stick tape) Party Accessory
- 12 Pull Back Racer Cars
- Racing Cutouts Party Accessory (1 count) (3/Pkg)
- Duratrax Kwik Trak Racing Cone (6-Piece)
- Wilton 2811-9135 4-Piece Race Car Molded Candles
- Wooden Race Car Flag Picks (Receive 144 Per Order)
- Plastic Racing Flags (6 dozen) – Bulk
- Winners Circle Party Tape Party Accessory (1 count) (1/Pkg)
- Checkered Flag Racing Party Set – Balloons, Tablecloth, Pennant, Picks, Stickers and Tattoos
- Race Cars Sugar Decorations Cookie Cupcake Cake 12 Count
- Dress My Cupcake Favor Dome Containers with Wrappers DIY Kit, Race Car, Set of 25
- Wilton Race Car Pan
- Wheel Yo-Yo (12)
- Party Destination – Black and White Check Empty Favor Boxes
- 5″ PLASTIC GOLD TROPHY (pack of 12)
- Race Car Driver Photo Prop Party Accessory (1 count) (1/Pkg)
- Disney’s Cars 2 Childs Glasses 6 Pack
- Racing Tire Photo/Balloon Holder Party Accessory (1 count)
- Racing Cutouts Party Accessory (1 count) (4/Pkg)
- Camco 42658 Race Flags and Tires Party Light
Be sure to check out more car party ideas here:
What detail from this car party made your engine rev?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.