A Blue and Yellow Teddy Bear Baby Shower
Cheerful shades of blue and yellow, combined with hints of classic teddy bear, make this teddy bear baby shower such a sweet affair! Catherine Holt, of Smart Party Planning, styled and photographed the simple, natural décor choices. She paired the decorations with enticing selections of cupcakes, cake and macarons, to make this celebration enjoyable for all.
- Get more teddy bear inspiration from this teddy bear boys 1st birthday party.
- A playful picnic atmosphere and teddy bears combine in such a delightful way for this teddy bear picnic joint boy and girl birthday party.
When Catherines friend found out she was having a boy, she requested a shower in hues of blue and yellow, something that said baby plus she wanted a relaxing atmosphere. Catherine wisely chose the teddy bear theme, which could encompass all of the guest of honors wishes.
Decorations for the party and the menu were sophisticated, but simple, which allowed everyone involved (including the planner!) to relax and enjoy the festivities. Bright daisies filled mini milk bottles and added a vibrant flair to the table. Colorful tissue poms in blue and yellow were handcrafted to add a pop of color over the tempting desserts, while mini versions embellished the table.
Lovely salted caramel macarons in shades of yellow and blue were served, along with beautifully decorated cupcakes. Additionally, lemon tarts, marshmallows, lollies and Milky Way teddy cars made precious theme and color coordinating options. I love how the dessert table focal piece was the baby bump cake, accented with a pair of sweet baby feet and an adorable yellow and blue flower embellishment. The macarons,cupcakes and cake were all prepared by A Delightful Bunch.
Doesnt the little blue teddy look adorable propped on the dessert table? Not only was it sweet décor, but it also functioned as a guest book to be signed as a keepsake for the guest of honor.
Mini milk bottles with matching ribbon collars and striped party straws were on hand so guests could sip refreshing fruit punch.
I love Catherines resourcefulness in planning activitiesthey doubled as party decorations! Catherine created the wishes for baby and baby predictions cards for guests to fill in, but they also functioned as cute banners when they were hung with mini pegs. They coordinated so well with the its a boy banner. Having them on display helped guests remember to fill them in for the mother-to-be. A jar of joy was also on display; guests were invited to write a word or two of encouragement for the mommy-to-be. What a wonderful gift to pull out on those exhausting days of motherhood!
Catherine arranged for three unique shower games. First was Baby Scattegories; using the initials of the parents-to-be, guests were invited to brainstorm a baby item from a Scattegory description. Next was a finish mommys phrase game. Finally, there was a memory recall game involving plates filled with baby items that guests would have to try to remember once the items were removed from view.
After spending a relaxing afternoon together, guests were thanked and sent home with a bag of gummy bear sweets, tied with ribbon and a darling teddy bear tag. Fresh air, cheerful colors, good friends and good food: what a wonderful way to enjoy the impending birth of a sweet, new little boy!
For anyone planning this theme, I’m loving this Teddy Bear Baby Shower Cake Top Tutorial. The video below gives a great step-by-step instruction on how to make the perfect cake top for this theme:
Planning a baby shower? Check out these perfect baby shower sources curated by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew:
- Ginger Ray Rocking Horse & Teddy Vintage Paper Napkins X 20
- Ginger Ray Baby & Dark Blue Tissue Paper Pom Poms 5 Pack Wedding, Baby Shower & Party Decorations – Vintage Lace
- Dress My Cupcake Stamped Wooden Cutlery Set, Chevron/Striped/Polka Dot, Navy Blue, 18-Pack
- Dress My Cupcake 12-Pack Party Treat Bags, Chevron, Gray
- Black Chalkboard Swallowtail Pennant Banner , 10 Piece Garland Bunting, 9 X 5.5 Inches
- Yellow and Grey / Gray Paper Straw Mix – Stripe and Dots Paper Straw | 25 Ct
- Dress My Cupcake 24-Pack Party Favor Bags, Chevron, Gray
- Mint Green Stripe, Dot and Lattice Paper Straws-100%Biodegradable- 7.75 Inches- 75 Pack
- Kate Aspen “Vintage” Milk Favor Jar, Set of 12
- Table Sense Lace Fabric Tablecloth in Ivory, 60×120 Oblong (Rectangle)
- Elephant Baby Shower 8 Count Dinner Plates, 9-Inch, Blue, White and Gray
- Plastic Table Cover, 54-Inch by 108-Inch, Baby Blue
- Stitching Confetti, Blue, Green and Yellow
- Elephant Baby Shower 16 Count Luncheon Napkins, Blue, White and Gray
- 16 Count Square Dessert Plates, 7-Inch, Baby Blue
Be sure to find additional boy baby shower ideas here:
- Sweet Baby Elephant Dessert Table
- Black and White Boy Baby Shower Ideas
- Shake, Rattle & Roll Baby Shower
- Mustache Boy Baby Shower
What detail from this teddy bear baby shower did you like most?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.
Plus, check out A Vintage Style Baby Shower…
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week