Summer Party Hacks
Sponsored post by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own.
Any mom can tell you that summertime opens up all sorts of fun ideas for birthday parties. Outdoor games, water and pool parties, and destination treasure hunts are just the beginning of summer excitement. For an adventuresome little boy, the call of the wild makes all of outdoors a super party spot!
An outdoor party is easier on the house too. Just think: no fingerprints to clean off the walls and no crumbs on the floor.
I bet a few helpful summer party hacks will have you hosting more than one hot weather event because even playdates just got easier with these solutions.
Of course you’re still going to have to come up with simple food ideas to keep the kids fueled for fun. My boys’ favorite treat for a summer party is one that was also one of my childhood favorites: Popsicle®—the original summertime treat! Look for the iconic yellow box in your grocery freezer section and you’re well on your way to summer fun.
Just like me, my guys love to slurp and suck the cool treats. Especially on a hot summer day, the icy, refreshing flavors do their job in the most satisfying way.
When I was a kid, I particularly LOVED orange and grape Popsicle® pops. Still do. But I gladly devour any of the 20 flavors.
So do my boys but they were super-excited when I bought the new Popsicle® Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TM with Orange Fury, Cherry Crush, Blue Blast and Smashing Grape flavors. Notice the boy-friendly, action-packed words?
This year Tropical Paradise (mango, strawberry-banana, island punch and pineapple) and Sugar Free Red Classics (cherry, raspberry and strawberry), as well as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TM join the line-up of the original brand Popsicle® flavors.
The bold colors look like they’re waiting for a party to happen, don’t they? In the hands of little guys, chances are drips are waiting to happen too.
Just add cupcake liners to circumvent any boy-authored messiness. Extra points if they’re as colorful as the Popsicle®!
Ready to party? Summer party hacks. Get. Moving. Now.
SUMMER PARTY HACKS
- Grab a custom TMNT invitation for your party on evite.com.
- Use frozen water balloons to keep a tub of drinks cool. When they melt, no problem. #Water balloon fight.
- Use snack size bags to serve food. For example, add a few miniature marshmallows and chocolate chips to a bag of mini graham cookies—walking s’mores. Kids use their fingers to eat anyway, right?
- Keep bugs out of drinks with upended cupcake liners, too. Just poke a small hole and add a straw.
- Use cookie cutters to make shapes out of watermelon slices; insert a pop stick and serve.
- Coffee filters make great hot dog holders.
- Cut new sponges into squares and triangles. Skewer them onto lengths of yarn. Tie them off, soak them in water and you have cool-down necklaces ready to be worn by hot little party guests who won’t care if they get a little damp around the edges.
- Set up an outdoor hand-washing station for all those sticky fingers and faces (you know you’ll have some) by using a water dispenser with a spigot, a pump bottle of liquid soap and a roll of paper towels. Much more sanitary than a single bucket.
- Make an easy-to-use bubble re-fill station with a beverage dispenser.
- Cut up some of those Popsicle® treats and use in drinks instead of plain water ice cubes.
- Add fresh fruit pieces to cones without the ice cream to make kid-friendly fruit cups.
Get ready for your own summer celebration with this giveaway! Enter to win a $25 Target gift card + $35 Fandango gift card now! Just use the rafflecopter form below.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week