New Mom Gift Basket Ideas
I’m sharing #JOHNSONS in my life as part of a JOHNSON’S® sponsored series for Socialstars™.
You wouldn’t think it would be tough to come up with a new mom Christmas gift idea. But—most new moms have had a baby shower or two so the basics are covered and a newborn doesn’t need 101 stuffed animals, no matter how cuddly cute they are. What do you put in her gift basket?
- A certificate for meals. As in home cooked. Whether it’s a one-time hot meal or you stack her freezer with a few ready-made dishes, new mom will be grateful. Find out about favorites or sensitivities beforehand.
- Give her a promissory note for baby-sitting.
- Gift certificate for a massage/spa treat.
- It’s easy to get behind on housekeeping and laundry chores when a newborn arrives. Hire a reliable service/student or offer to spiff things up yourself.
- Fresh flowers brighten anyone’s day and science says looking at some living, green thing is calming.
- Play taxi. Go grocery shopping for her or offer to drive older children to lessons/commitments so mom doesn’t need to take new baby out.
- Gift her with practical, consumable items that must be replenished. That would mean diapers of course, but I also like to tuck in care products like JOHNSON’S® bath-time soaps and lotions. Add a super-cute towel, too!
I especially like the aromatherapy benefits of rosemary, eucalyptus and menthol in JOHNSON’S® Baby Soothing Vapor Bath. Winter season often brings stuffy noses so Mom can squirt the Baby Soothing Vapor Bath in warm bath water and the gentle NO MORE TEARS® formula comforts and soothes.
Partner that with JOHNSON’S® HEAD-TO-TOE™ extra moisturizing cream. Hypoallergenic and pediatrician and dermatologist-tested, it’s the perfect formula to hydrate delicate skin. Baby skin is 30% thinner and loses moisture 2x faster than adults so moisturizing is especially needful during harsh winters.
For sure new mom will find a need for DESITIN® Multi-Purpose Ointment. It’s good for minor skin irritations like diaper rash and the hypoallergenic formula soothes chapped skin.
Don’t forget wipes. JOHNSON’S® NO MORE TEARS® wipes are effective for wiping away dirt and germs on tiny faces and hands, but as gentle to baby’s eyes as pure water.
And if you can find a way to package it, give new mom some sleep. That’s a basic she probably can’t get enough of!