My Dream Kitchen
This post is brought to you by Sears — all ideas are my own.
Domingo and I bought a new house this summer. More accurately, we bought an older house that is new to us. It has the kind of stylish character that only older homes have. The wide board decorative trim is charming. There are arched doorways; there’s mature landscaping. There’s plenty of room for our three boys to romp and run (and they do!). But the worst thing about our new home is the kitchen. We’ve been deciding what to do about it and last week we went to check out the Sears appliances. Now I can’t wait to get started on our kitchen remodel!
Let me give you an imaginative tour of my kitchen: it’s small and the appliances are outdated. The dishwasher is dead. I’m also not in love with a dark, brown kitchen. The end.
Our adjacent dining area is spacious and our table easily seats a dozen but life would be so much simpler with better appliances. I could even have a dinner party where all the dishes were ready at the same time!
I would love an electric double wall oven, but since there is no open wall space, I could only longingly look at that option. I do have my eye on the Kenmore Pro Self-Clean Gas Convection Range. That would definitely upgrade my kitchen. It’s free-standing, and gives a built-in look. I like the sleek stainless steel and the front control design but there are three features that really impress me:
- Turbo Boil delivers the hot stuff! My current stove takes FOREVER to boil and it also occasionally boils on simmer. I won’t miss that.
- There’s a Center Oval Flex Burner in the Kenmore Pro Gas Convection Range. That means you have control, speed and precision perfect for griddles or over-sized cookware. I would love that versatility! Right now, unless I want to feed our family or guests in shifts, I have to use all of my burners to make something like pancakes or grilled sandwiches to feed everyone at the same time.
- In my life, the self-clean feature is a great necessity and the fact that the racks are porcelain-coated really impresses me. It keeps food from sticking so clean up would be even easier. In a busy household, that matters!
The Kenmore Pro Counter-Depth French Door Refrigerator excites me more than an appliance should! With five of us in and out of it multiple times a day, our fridge needs to be a workhorse.
Besides being good looking, this model includes:
- Chilled, filtered water and ice without ever needing to open the door (Mom says hooray!).
- An AirTight™ Crisper means veggies stay fresher, longer. That’s a money saver. And fresh means better tasting; better tasting means my boys might actually eat their vegetables.
- The Pantry Drawer includes custom temperature settings for meat, deli or produce. I’m impressed.
- I love the 3-tier Freezer Drawer. The separate drawers let you see and get to what is stored in there.
- There’s great LED lighting that makes it easy to find what you’re looking for—no more food or leftovers lost because of hiding in dark corners.
And finally, I couldn’t leave out a mother’s best friend in the kitchen: the dishwasher! The 24” Kenmore Pro Built-in Dishwasher 360° includes PowerWash® Technology and TurboZone® features and it is still energy efficient. In everyday language that means this dishwasher delivers clean dishes—no need to pre-soak or pre-wash in this baby. I also like that this is not a noisy dishwasher. My home does not need any more noise.
I’m certain you’ve heard the line, “if Mama ain’t happy, ain’t no one happy”. Although Domingo knows the truth of that one, I didn’t need to convince him we need these new kitchen appliances. Since Sears is the leading retailer of home appliances in the U.S. and they have the most comprehensive warranty program, they make it easy to buy what makes Mama happy!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sears Home Appliances and Services.
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week