How to Create a Party Planning Essential Tool Kit Just Like the Pros
Planning a party can be so much fun but putting it together is easier with the right tools. Our own Jennifer Carver, of Banner Events, is here today sharing her list of essential party planning tools. You may own some of these must-haves in your party tool kit, or you may want to think about adding them to your wish list. Having basics will help make party invitation, décor, games and refreshment prep so much easier!
- Get your home party ready in no time with these 8 Cleaning Hacks That Make Getting Party Ready a Breeze.
- Planning a baby shower and not sure where to start? Check out How to Throw a Teddy Bear Baby Shower for great ideas to get you started.
1. Paper cutter. Whether you are trimming tags for a party favor, cutting banners or invitations, a great paper cutter will save you so much time and give your paper items that professional look (if you are still cutting things with scissors, stop!).
3. Sharp pair of scissors. A great pair of scissors is an absolute must! If youve ever tried cutting ribbon with a dull pair of scissors, youll understand my insistence. I like having a regular pair of scissors and a fine-tipped pair for those intricate cuts you sometimes need to do by hand.
6. Fishing line. Fishing line is a lifesaver! It allows you to tie and hang things without a visible trail. Its amazingly strong, too, and inexpensive.
7. Safety pins/push pins/straight pins. I use all of these to attach banners to fabric backdrops and hang various party decorations. They also come in handy for tacking things down when the weather is windy.
8. Self-adhesive Velcro dots. Occasionally, you cant use pins or glue to attach party decorations to a surface and need something a little stronger that is also removable.
9. Glue Dots. Glue dots are wonderful for hanging décor and securing items to a table to keep them from moving.
10. Double sided adhesive. I love using double sided adhesive to attach beverage labels to glasses, envelope liners to envelopes and securing paper to paper.
11. Stapler. If youve ever needed to attach something quickly where access to electricity for a glue gun wasnt an option, you understand how handy a stapler can be.
12. Twine. This is great for tying on favors, stringing a banner or even securing décor.
14. Glue sticks. Fast drying option for gluing items where a glue gun isnt a good choice.
15. White ribbon. Great for tying together garlands and banners and adding a ribbon embellishment.
17. Tape measure. This comes in handy for measuring and determining proper spacing.
18. Apothecary jars. Fill these with candy, lights or décor to add height to your table.
19. Gold or silver chargers. Chargers are a great way to dress up a table and add some depth. They even make paper plates look fancy!
20. Tablecloths in basic colors (white and black). You will use and reuse your tablecloths. Owning vs. renting will save you a great deal of money.
As with any job, having the proper equipment greatly helps in party planning. Put together your own essential party planning tools and youll be ready to celebrate!
Check out more great ideas to help you plan your next bash.
- Tips for Planning an Awesome Sesame Street Birthday Party
- How to Throw a Construction Birthday Party
- Planning a Plane Themed Birthday Party
Plus, don’t miss 10 Birthday Party Ideas Perfect for Boys…