12 of the Best Books to Read to Your Baby
I love all these books for babies!
For as long as I remember, I have always loved to read. I think it is because a love of reading and books was instilled in me as a child. Some of my earliest memories are of my dad reading to me before bed – sometimes five and six books at a time. And when Sam was born I began reading to him almost immediately hoping to pass on to him the same passion I have for words. For a while now I have been compiling book lists as part of our Books for Boys Project, so I wanted to compile some of the best books that you can read to your baby. I enjoyed reading many of these books to Sam!
Check these books out – they’re some of my favorite for babies:
1. We loved Where Is Baby’s Belly Button? in our house. It’s a cute, lift the flap book that will get your little one involved in the book. Plus I love any excuse to tickle and I used this book as one.
2. The colors of this Lamaze Cloth Book, Peek-A-Boo Forest are beautiful and will capture your child’s attention
3. Sassy Baby’s First Books are great for a little one to play with! They have different textures for babies to grab onto and won’t rip apart!
4. With bright colors, textures, and the perfect thing to chew, there’s lots to love about Sesame Street Teething Book.
5. Introduce your baby to the animals of the world with this baby-friendly SoftPlay Baby Animals of the World Soft Cloth Book book set.
6. Peek-A Who? is sure to get some giggles out of your little one!
7. Moo Baa La La La has been a reading time favorite for a long time. It was given to me as a baby shower gift and was one of the first books I ever read to Sam.
8. We often enjoy The Going-To-Bed Book at night time!
9. My Big Animal Book is a big board book that will introduce lots of animals to your son. I loved encouraging Sam to make the animal noises while we read.
10. What could be more classic than The Very Hungry Caterpillar!? I love this book! I think every family I know does too.
11. Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book will get your baby interacting while you read.
12. Teach your little one simple signs with Baby Signs. We did sign language with Sam when he was a baby and it really works! It’s so fun to see them communicating!
Check out some of my other children’s book lists as well:
- 12 of the Best Dinosaur Books Boys and Girls Will Love
- 15 of the Best Books for Preschool Boys
- The Ultimate Star Wars Book List for Kids
What have we left out? What is your favorite book for babies?