8 Tips for Fighting Colds Naturally
The last month has been a whirlwind. First, Sam and I had a trip back home to visit family. We were home for a few days and then set off for our cruise. It was a wonderful experience: warmth, sunshine, naps and delicious food. It was incredible! As soon as we got back home reality hit: Sam and I both got sick. The past week has been full of cold symptoms — yuck! Thankfully, Mike has steered clear of catching it.
To help combat the symptoms, I’ve done several things:
1. Rest! For me, this has been a challenge. I’m always busy so staying in bed is actually hard for me. But I know my body has needed the extra sleep.
2. Gargle. Both Sam and I have been gargling with warm salt water. I’ve also mixed up a concoction of warm water, honey and apple cider vinegar.
3. Kick the Cough. One of my least favorite symptoms is coughing. It’s SO unplesant. We used Maty’s Cough Syrup for relief. Not only does is soothe my throat, it has ten immune boosting ingredients to help my whole body feel better.
4. Drink. We’ve been chugging water and I’ve also enjoyed hot tea with lemon and honey.
5. Steam. Whether taking a hot shower (for me) or boiling a pot of water (which I do with Sam), steam helps break up the congestion and provides some much needed relief from that horrible stuffy feeling.
6. Vapor Rub. I am loving the all natural vapor rub from Maty’s. I’ve applied it to our feet, chest and back this last week. I love that it’s Petroleum Free, Paraben Free, and Chemical Free. It’s packed with Eucalyptus, Peppermint, and Wintergreen for great relief. I put it in the humidifier at night as well.
7. Avoid Stress. Instead of getting stressed over deadlines, I handed off a few projects and stayed somewhat disconnected for a few days so that my body could focus on getting better.
8. Wash. I made sure to scrub my hands often, especially after blowing my nose. I also kept a little bottle of hand sanitizer close by. As soon as I was feeling better, I cleaned all the door knobs and light switches.
Now that I’m on the mend, I’m able to hit the ground running and focus on projects that I let go last week. I’m glad that I was able to use natural products to improve our health. It makes me feel good to give Sam something that’s good for his body as well — especially without all the icky side effects many drugs contain.
You can find Maty’s Healthy products at most retailers – or you can shop online! I invite you to follow Maty’s on social media as well. You’ll find all sorts of great information on natural health and wellness. Follow Maty’s on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Never Miss Out on the Best Recipes & Crafts
Subscribe and get them delivered right to your email each week