21 Awesome Games that Teach Kids to Read
Do your kids love game night as much as mine? It’s something we always look forward to each week…sometimes twice a week! There just isn’t a better way to spend quality family time together than playing a board game, especially when a board game is educational AND fun.Old favorites are comfortable choices but sometimes you’d like new ideas. You’ll want to check out these 21 awesome games that help teach kids to read. From Zingo Sight Words to Snatch – Word Stealing Game, there is something fun for every age level. You’ll find some that would make an awesome kid’s party activity, too.
- Celebrate the end of the summer with a splash and these fun Water Balloon Games.
- Kids will have a blast with these Water Cup Races.
- Educational Insights Rockin’ Reading Comprehension Game
- ThinkFun What’s Gnu
- Learning Resources Pop For Sight Words Game
- Didax Chunks The Incredible Word Building Game – Set of 144 – Green and Yellow
- Sentence Building: An early literacy resource that provides for an endless variety of reading and grammar games!
- Brain Quest Smart Game
- Zingo Sight Words
- Learning Resources Reading Rods Word For Word Game
- Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Card Game
- Learning Resources Snap It Up! Phonics:Word Families
- Trend Enterprises Sight Words Bingo Flash Cards
- Learning Resources Reading Riddle Maze
- Snatch – Word Stealing Game
- Peaceable Kingdom / Count Your Chickens Award Winning Cooperative Board Game
- Learning Resources Reading Comprehension Cubes
- Learning Resources Smart Snacks Trail Mix and Match
- DK Games: Silly Sentences
- Boggle Junior Game
- You’ve Been Sentenced
- SEE AND SPELL–Toys & Games-Reading/language Arts-Spelling Skills
- Super Why ABC Letter Game
Don’t miss these great ideas for more family fun time.
- 100 Children’s Books to Read in a Lifetime
- 16 Books About Back to School
- Outdoor Scavenger Hunt with Free Printable
- 12 Great Puzzles for Kids
What fun games do you like play with your kids to help them learn to read?Follow Spaceships and Laser Beams on Pinterest.