13 Ways to Celebrate Filing Your Taxes on Time
OK America—have you filed your taxes yet? Monday, April 18 is filing deadline this year. Push “send” or drop them in the mail and take time for a happy dance! What will you do to celebrate? I present 13 helpful suggestions for your contemplation:
- Go to the zoo and make all the faces you gave your tax form for the animals.
- Give your kids a treat for being a tax credit.
- Hand out ear plugs to the neighbors. Crank up the music and croon.
- Play sloth and sleep for 12 hours.
- Vow to keep better records. Do not lie to yourself.
- Go directly to the office supply store. Buy enough pretty file folders to stash all of next year’s receipts.
- Host a bonfire and roast marshmallows while you burn all those tax receipts from seven years ago.
- Jump in your convertible, put the top down for that carefree, windblown look. Cruise through town with a smile.
- No convertible? Hop on your kid’s bike and pedal around the block for that carefree, windblown look. Try to smile.
- Spend your tax refund: book a cruise.
- Spend your tax refund: buy a latte.
- Self-publish a best-selling e-book: How to Do Your Own Taxes. Make a killing so you can pay taxes quarterly.
- And best idea: follow a giant mouse to the nearest pizza place. They always know the best spot in town.
To ease tax day stress and make filing a little less painful, on Monday, April 18, you’ll truly want to find that giant mouse called Chuck E. Cheese. He is inviting the whole family in for a special buy one, get one offer. When you purchase any of the Chuck E. Cheese’s Thin & Crispy pizzas, you’ll get a second Thin & Crispy pizza for FREE! You don’t have to fill out any forms and there are no partial deductions to take, no loopholes :). There are also no dishes to wash when dinner is over. It just keeps getting better, huh?
My guys know they’ll have a good time at Chuck E’s. It’s kid-friendly and mom-approved. Being a mom of three busy and rather noisy boys, it’s awesome to find a restaurant where you don’t have to continually hush your kids. In fact, sing-alongs are encouraged and wiggly kids can burn off energy without anyone looking on with disapproval.
Convenient and affordable tax time or any time, Chuck E. Cheese’s isn’t just a cute face for kids either—their pizza is delicious. Chuck E. Cheese’s Thin & Crispy pizzas bested a well-known brand in a nationwide taste test last year.
Someone told me any leftovers are great for breakfast too but I don’t know about that. We never have any leftovers! Maybe we should buy an extra pizza on Monday…which would mean TWO pizzas for the price of one…and another night of not cooking or doing dishes…which brings me back to another reason to celebrate.
Tax time. Who knew it could be so much fun?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Chuck E. Cheese’s. The opinions and text are all mine.