12 Mother’s Day Traditions You Can Start This Year
Do you have Mother’s Day traditions at your house? We have some great, doable ideas! Use them to bless your mom or a special mom-figure in your life or–…drop a few hints to your family in case they need suggestions!
- Kids love to draw and create masterpieces. Learn How to Make Sidewalk Chalk for fun all day long.
- Start the morning off right with these 20 Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Families on the Go.
- These Tissue Paper Roses are charming!
1. Belgian Waffles :: Cooking Classy
This is a Mother’s Day tradition you’ll want to stick to… These Belgian waffles are big, fluffy and delicious, perfect for special occasions like this. The best part is that, other than buttermilk, they don’t really require much other than your general store cupboard ingredients, so you can whip them up whenever you have the time or inclination.
2. Baked Eggs with Spinach, Bacon and Cheese :: The Little Epicurean
These easy little baked eggs can be prepped ahead of time and just popped into the oven when you’re ready, which is perfect for a Mother’s Day breakfast. In fact, this tradition might just stretch through to most weekends, never mind just once a year, considering how easy and delicious these baked eggs are!
3. Berry Breakfast Parfait :: Julies Lifestyle Via Canned Time
If you want your Mother’s Day traditions to be healthy, but just as delicious, then this is the recipe to try. These berry breakfast parfaits use cashew yogurt, which is dairy free, and all the ingredients are raw, meaning that this is a guilt free delight on all fronts. Yum!
4. All About My Mom Questionnaire :: Becoming Martha
This is a great tradition to start. You just print out the questionnaire and leave it for the kids to fill out. They’ll give you the cutest answers, and it’ll make a great keepsake.
5. Free Tea Party Printables :: Confetti Sunshine
Why not start yourself a Mother’s Day tea party tradition? Put together sweets and treats (or get the kids to, if they’re old enough!), put the kettle on, and use these adorable printables to brighten things up.
6. Conversation Starters :: Fun in First
This is the sweetest Mother’s Day tradition to start, as the answers will keep changing from year to year. Kids give the answer to things like, “This always makes my mom laugh…”, “My mom is really good at this…” etc. Jodi used this idea in her classroom for her Mother’s Day celebration, and she said that the moms loved it.
7. Free Printable Grandma Book :: Strawberry Mommycakes
If you’re looking for something for your mom, then this is a good one. There’s a great free printable, and the books come out looking SO cute. Definitely a great Mother’s Day tradition to get into, and Grandma will love it!
8. Vegan Cheesecake with Fruit Roses :: Veg Spinz
Here’s another tasty but healthy recipe that would definitely work as a Mother’s Day tradition. These vegan cheesecakes use silken tofu, tofu cream cheese and soy milk instead of regular dairy products, and the fruit roses are just too gorgeous. They’d actually work great as decorations on all kinds of desserts, don’t you think?
9. Mother’s Day Café for Grandma :: Grey Luster Girl
This is another great way to spoil Grandma this Mother’s Day. Push the boat out with formal invitations (with a little embellishment from the kids, of course), and why not use the tea party printables from number 5?
10. Dessert of the Month Club Idea :: Grey Luster Girl
This is for those of us with a sweet tooth, or those of us whose mothers have a sweet tooth. How does dessert of the month sound? I love this idea almost as much as I love dessert!
11. Free Certificate Coupons and Questionnaire Printables :: Mama Mommy Mom
You might want to get some extreme couponing going with deals like this going round! And the Mother’s Day questionnaire will definitely be a tradition you’ll want to keep around — it’s just too cute!
12. Breakfast in a Box :: Sweet Lulu
I love this idea for breakfast in a box, because you can tailor it to suit likes and dislikes, and put together the perfect breakfast for the mom in your life. It’s easy enough for kids to put together on Mother’s Day morning, and would make a great, mess free breakfast in bed!
Spark their imagination this Mother’s Day with these great craft ideas perfect for moms, sourced by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Craft Giant Art Jar
- Washable Glitter Pens
- Fibre Craft Sm’ART Parts
- Bright Buttons
- Foam Stickers
- 26 pc Plastic Alphabet Stampers
- Crayola Washable Kid’s Paint
- Crayola Washable Watercolors
- Plastic Pony Bead Mega Critters Bucket
- Peel and Stick by Numbers
- Fused Bead Kit
- Easter Themed Wood Cutouts
Check out more great ideas perfect for Mother’s Day.
Plus, check out 21 DIY Mother’s Day Gift Ideas…