Classic Horror Movie Dessert Table Gets a Modern-Vintage Look
This classic horror movie Halloween themed dessert table is really a scream! My husband and I designed and photographed this party dessert table to show off Spaceships and Laser Beams Classic Movie Monsters printables. A black and yellow palette, blue accents, rows of stitches, dripping goo (of some kind), and the occasional stray body part all really work together to set off the eyes. Eyeballs, that is. Among unique party menu and decoration ideas are all the iconic creepy characters from the movies: Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolfman, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, and well, youll just have to keep reading to see them all! Whether you need a Halloween party or a boy birthday party idea, grab some popcorn (and a stake, garlic, or whatever) and check out all the horrific highlights!
- This Wicked Good Time Halloween Party is full of really awesome ideas!
- A Spooky Cute Halloween Party pleases all ages
- For older kids, check out this classic black and white Halloween Party.
A flock of batsin bright yellow, instead of the usual blackpaired with an accent-color tablecloth, in a geometric print, gives a uniquely modern look to this otherwise vintage-inspired dessert table. A long, low shelf at the back of the table gives height to ingeniously (intimidatingly) impaled apples, which are delicious decorations! Theme-colored serving ware holds blue gumballsand a few gummy eyeballs.
A printable wrap around a cylindrical popcorn bowl (choose your favorite flavored popcorn recipe here and here) and a distinctive wood stump pedestal create a cool centerpiece. Cupcakes are perched on either side, atop simple wooden boxes. It was easy to dress up vanilla cupcakes using candies like jelly eyeballs and gummy worms. Using printable bottle wraps is another effortless way to create themed refreshments.
Menu label tags tied to the bases of black pedestals displaying lemon cookies, chocolate kiss cookies, and pound cake mice let guests know what theyre sampling. Make your own mouse treats using candy melt-dipped pound cake triangles, M&Ms and M&M minis for ears and eyes, a dot of chocolate for the nose, and black licorice strings for the tails. They look great served on a bed of chocolate candies, and a single, disembodied hand from beneath reaches for guests, as they reach for the treats! Isnt that a fun little scare?!
Plain white paper bags of popcorn effortlessly go from drab to fab with a single movie monster decal. Popcorn bags are a fantastic, easy snack idea for parties, whether youre planning to screen a movie or not!
The modern-vintage look of this classic horror movie-themed dessert table comes together effortlessly with a few creative decorating ideas and simple printables. You could easily incorporate your own menu and decorating ideas for your Halloween party or any event that youd like to give a classic horror movie theme.
Plan your own fright fest using these supplies, sourced for you by the creatures of the night at Spaceships and Laser Beams:
- Meat Cleaver Cupcake Picks – 25 pcs
- Adult Machete Prop Costume Accessory
- Bloody Wall Backdrop 4ft x 30ft
- Frozen Brain Silicone Ice Jello Chocolate Tray Mold
- Lollipop Packaging Kit with Mold, Halloween, Cute Frankenstein Lollipop
- Halloween Skeleton Cupcake Wraps, 18 Count
- Bowl with Non-Slip Base, Set of 4, Orange
- Vampire Blood 1 Pint (16 oz)
- Halloween Soda Bottle Stickers (4 count)
- Jack-O’-Lantern Luminary Bags
- Skull and Crossbones Vinyl Milk Bottle Decals, Deadly Drink, Set of 8
- Halloween Striped Paper Straws, 50-Pack
- Half-Pint Milk Bottle, set of 6
- Bleeding Zombie Candy Bowl, Multicolored
- GIANT HANGING HALLOWEEN FRIENDLY BLACK SPIDER – PLASTIC
- Crime Scene Caution Tape, 50 Foot Roll
- Super Stretch Spider Web – 16 Foot
- Zombie Totes – 12 per pack
- Oozing Eye Balls Candy, 16 Assorted Jelly-filled Marshmallow Eyeballs
- Wilton Halloween 4 Pack Test Tube Sprinkles
- Skeleton Cutlery
- 4 yards x 30″ CREEPY CLOTH – spooky halloween decoration
- Orange and Black Polka Dot Halloween Table Cover
Looking for more scary celebrations? Check out these ideas:
Which classic movie monster does your son like best?[pinterest:boys-halloween-party”]
Let your kid’s spooky imaginations run wild this season with these 14 Halloween Handprint and Footprint Crafts!